In the midst of all of this sadness, I have tried to focus on the many things in my life that I am thankful for. I was tagged a long time ago by the oh-so-sweet Meg and I never got around to it…bad blogger. So, instead of a normal ‘tag’ post in which you list 7 crazy facts about yourself, I am going to list the top 7 things I am thankful for (in random order). Right now this list is helping me get through each day! None of these items are particulary groundbreaking, but it is the simple things that have a tendency to get us through the hard times. At least that is what I have found.
I have to say, the one amazing thing about sharing what I am going through is the amazing support that I have received from my readers. I always knew you were out there, but hearing from you each day has really boosted my spirits. I don’t say this enough, but “thank you!”
1. A loving, caring, generous husband who brightens up my every day with his warmth and humor
2. Being able to enjoy Rue Bis’ peanut butter chocolate cookies with a cup of COFFEE (had to give that up for a while, we all know why!)
3. Family…my amazing mom jumped on a plane last week and was here within hours. I needed her and she was here. There is no better feeling in the world than that! Plus, my sweet dad called me every hour upon the hour while I was going through my ordeal, just to check in and tell me that he loves me.
4. Having my radiator featured in ReadyMade this month (plus, flip to the back to see my contributers photo- yippeee!). I will scan the article very soon, promise! On top of that, I am busier than ever with freelance work right now…I can’t wait to share as each article comes to life!
5. My amazing Providence friends who act as my surrogate family. One in particular has brought me back to life this past week, you know who you are (well, with the link, I guess we all do!).
6. A warm, comfortable home to come back to each day. Being surrounded by coziness and beauty bring comfort to me each and every day.
7. Reading each comment and email that you have left me during this time. It makes a world of difference to know that people are out there pulling and praying for you.
Bonus: These amazing cinnamon crumpets that I just discovered at our local grocery store. I could eat ten each morning. You know what, maybe I just will!
**If you feel like coming up with your own list on your blog, make sure to comment here and link back to your post. We can’t have enough thankfulness!**
Heart embroidery by Nea